We are pleased to let you know that we are expecting to receive delivery of our flu vaccines so that we can start vaccinating on the 12th September 2017.
The vaccine service will operate using the popular ‘drop in’ system we have used for a number of years now. We always carry large stocks of vaccine and our waiting times are kept to a minimum.
If you are eligible for a FREE NHS flu jab then your jab will be free with us too regardless of where in the UK your registered GP is. If you are not eligible, but would like to protect yourself and/or your family then we can vaccinate you privately for just £10.
The eligible groups for the 2017/18 service are:
• those aged 65 years & over (including those aged 65 years by 31 March 2017)
• people aged over 18 years of age with one or more of the following conditions:
• respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, COPD or bronchitis
• chronic heart disease
• kidney disease
• liver disease
• neurological disease, e.g. Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease, or learning disability
• diabetes of any type
• immunosuppresion due to disease or treatment (such as cancer treatment)
• spleen removal or splenic dysfunction
• morbid obesity
• pregnant women aged 18 or over
• people living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay care facilities
• household contacts of immunocompromised individuals who are aged 18 or over
We will be back with more information as we get nearer to the service starting.